VASP is affiliated with the
National Association of School Psychologists
VASP was organized to address the needs of school psychologists in Vermont and to:
- Serve the mental health and educational needs of all children and youth;
- Encourage and provide opportunities for the professional growth of members;
- To inform the public about the services and practice of school psychology;
- Advance the standards of the profession of school psychology.
- VASP, through its members, has a goal of providing leadership and direction in addressing the needs of children and schools in the provision of school psychological services.
- VASP also provides continuing education workshops on school-related issues; disseminates information to members on local, state, and national issues related to the profession; and fosters communication among Vermont psychologists and school psychologists who are engaged in school-based practice, in whole or in part.